Saturday, March 12, 2005

Donuts and Dirt

Tristan got me up at 6:30 am on a Saturday morning. grrr. We read the paper together while I drank some mint green tea and ate marmalade toast. I love sitting in front of that window reading the paper. Lots of sail boats were out on the Strait today, so it was amazing sitting there watching the boats from my dining room.

I woke Ben up at 9:00 and he decided he wanted coffee and donuts. He wanted me to join his weekend tradition with Tristan. I'm glad I did. Usually, I sleep in one day, and Ben sleeps in the next day on the weekend. On my day sleeping in, Ben usually takes Tristan to get a cup of coffee and a donut and then drives to the beach. We all got in the car and headed across the border to go to Canada to get a donut at Tim Hortons. Tim's was way too busy. Canadians are addicted to donuts or somthing. They are crazy about them. Do you know that Canadians have the most donut stores per capita? Crazy Canadians. ;) Since, Tim's was busy, we decided to just go to Safeway and get some Starbucks and grocery store donuts. Then, we drove back cross country. I was a bit concerned that the border patrol would confiscate our donuts. We all know how much cops like donuts. Border guards are sort of like cops, so I joked around that they would try to confiscate them. "Sorry m'am those donuts have egg products in them. We'll have to take those." They didn't take our donuts though, and we went to Lighthouse park and ate them while sitting on a huge peice of driftwood.

After the donuts, we went to the park there, and saw some very wealthy Indian family set up these massive brand new tents for their daughter's 15th birthday party. She's coming of age. It kind of reminded me of that god awful show on MTV called "My Sweet Sixteen". Crap. Did I just admit that I watched that show. I only saw 15 minutes of it. I swear. I really don't watch that crap. ;P They kind of looked concerned that we were going to crash the party, so we headed to the beach again, and found a nice sunny spot. We hunted for trabs (crabs), and then saw Buffy, Amy, and Branden walking with their friend who had her daughter Charisma with. Charisma is two, so Tristan was all excited to have another toddler around. He started showing off by showing Charisma how high he can jump, and showing her his trabs. She wasn't too impressed with the crabs. haha.

We decided to join them for lunch at the marina. I never ate there before. The food was pretty cheap and good. The kids played ring around the rosie on the dance floor area while we finished our food. Tristan yelled Asses Asses FALL DOWN! He meant ashes ashes, we all fall down, but yeah, he's just learning. They took off and we walked around the marina a bit, then went home to work on the front yard septic problem. Neilsen's Hardward dropped off another load of sand and we spread it out over the area. Then they came back an hour later with the top soil. We spent most of the day leveling it out and packing it down. Ben went to the store to buy some stakes and they didn't have any. While he was cutting stakes of his own out of some board, the neighbor dog Buster came over and stole the tape we were using for the makeshift fence (stakes and tape). Jack and Tessa were chasing this dog around trying to get the tape back. Buster thought it was the best thing in the world to have all these people chasing him. Jack finally got the tape, but Buster made it into a game of tug of war. We finally got the tape from Buster and Ben started putting up the fence. He put his staple gun down, and Buster ran up and grabbed it. Tessa and Jack started chasing after the dog again, but we had to stop them because it's kind of dangerous playing tug of war with a dog holding a staple gun.

So, we had a fun day. Ben has to work tonight because he has some major bug that he has to fix. He gets to work from home though which isn't as bad. Maybe I'll rent a suspense movie. Ben hates suspense murder movies.

2 Comments:

Blogger hadjare said...

Why does he hate suspense movies? Cos he gets ascared?

7:10 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I don't know. He hates forensic files, Law and Order, and other cop shows too. Maybe he doesn't like realistic violence. He asks why I like that stuff like I'm psycho or something. I told him I'm a psych major. Of course, I'm interested in criminal behavior. It represents the worse of people's behavior and is huge part of what psychology is about - disfunction and what drives people to turn to crime.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home