Thursday, March 17, 2005

Oprah, Tivo and the Apocalypse

I've been having very vivid dreams lately. They are so vivid that I want to keep "watching" so I'll make up excuses to stay in bed. Yesterday, I told Ben that it was my turn to sleep in. Every weekend I get a turn on Saturday to sleep in, and he sleeps in Sunday or vise versa. I turned Wednesday into Saturday just to continue my apocolypse dream with Oprah Winfrey in it because it was my subconcious mind found it that exciting. Ben was confused as to why I was demanding that it was my day to sleep in, but I think he understands now that I'm just wacky in the mornings.

I don't remember what was so good about the Oprah/apocalypse dream. I don't even remember the apocalypse stuff except that it was very Sodom and Gomorrah because I spent the day arguing with Dixie Pixie online about her reference to Sodom being destroyed because of the gays, which isn't very honest in my opinion. http://www.livejournal.com/community/right_left08/78417.html?thread=1369169#t1369169 . Anyway, this is where the biblical apocalypse stuff came in. I'm just saying the source, so you guys don't think I have psychic dreams or visions like Nostrodamus or some shit.

I do remember a few things from the apocolypse dream. We were the first people on the Point to get a Tivo machine that would rewind our lives. We were using our Tivo machine to go to Vancouver island for a night out without having to stay away from Tristan so long. The babysitter was shocked when we got back 20 minutes later, because you can't get to Vancouver Island that fast. The tivo machine was like a rocket ship and ran like one of those cars kids have that you pull back a few times and that revs up some motor that makes the car go by itself. Yeah... I didn't explain that very well. I'm not sure what those cars are called.

Oprah came into the picture because she was telling everyone about her Tivo life machine and how it was one of her favorite things. She had one that could tivo your life back 5 days, while ours only worked for a few hours. I was jealous of the audience that all recieved the 5 day tivo life machine. Stupid Oprah. Then, we all blew up for some reason, but I survived to see and somehow live in an apocolyptic wasteland.

Last night, I had another not terribly exciting dream about shopping and deconstructed clothing. I had loads of cash and there were such pretty things, but I was too pregnant to fit into anything, so I ended up buying Tristan some Hotwheel cities. Exciting stuff.

2 Comments:

Blogger hadjare said...

I wanted to let you know that I had a dream where Oprah made an appearance too! I wonder if SHE is the antichrist.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Maybe she is. She sure has a lot of 'followers'.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home