Thursday, January 12, 2006

That time I sinned

I was raised Catholic, so I always had a strong consceince. Too strong. I remember taking the sticker off a box in this dime store called Tempo in Menominee, MI because I thought it was a cool sticker. It wasn't an actual item for sale. It was just a sticker on a box, so I justified that it was okay. I was in the seat of the grocery cart and I checked my mom to see if she was noticing. She was too busy reading the side of a box or something. I carefully peeled the sticker off and got it just in time before we took off again. When we got up to the cashier, I was sure that he had noticed. I even remember him asking if there was anything else before he rang my mom out. I swear to God he knew. I thought for sure they'd bust me, so I got scared and hid the sticker. Once we got out of the store, I showed my mom the sticker and she made me give it back. The guy at the counter didn't seem to care, but I felt really horrible, yet relieved that they wouldn't call the cops and put me in jail. I think I was 3 or 4. Wee Sin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home