Monday, March 21, 2005

Pause, Fast Forward and Rewind.

I wish we had more time this weekend. We did have a nice time in Steveston before it rained, but it was brief. I took Ben to PaJo's. It's that fish and chips shop floating on the water that I showed pictures of before. Tristan loves Steveston. I think we might take Amy there this weekend if we have time since it's free, and fun at the same time. There's so much to do around Vancouver that is free. I love it.

It rained a lot this weekend, so we didn't do too much. The fence blew down twice because of the strong gusts coming from the ocean. Ben fixed that and cemented the floor in the bathroom so it's level enough to put a toilet in there. He did a lot of fix-it jobs this weekend which seemed to take up all the time. There's always something. heh. Today, the step in the backyard broke so we'll have to repair that too. We knew that it was rotten, but I was hoping it would last until summer.

We cleaned up the mess from the apple tree pruning job. It looks so much better now. Ben also got the old boards out from under the deck so it doesn't look like we have a bunch of garbage under there anymore. Today, I weeded some gardens and picked up poop. Wee! Tristan found worms, and bugs and chased the neighbor dog around before falling into the pond. This is the second time he's jumped in the pond, so I had to take him into the house as punishment. Hopefully, he'll learn.

I can't wait until Ben's crunch is over. He's going to take a vacation in April and we have to decide where to go. I was thinking that maybe we should check out the San Juans since Ben has been begging to go all year. It's up to Ben though. He's the one working so hard, and I could be happy anywhere from going to the islands, to renting a cottage in the mountains. We need this time off together. Everything feels like it's on fast forward lately.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you saved the apple branches for smoking/grilling food. apple branches give food such a wonderful flavour.....

(can you guess who I am just by this post?)

5:57 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hmm... Laima? Laima usually has good tips on how to use interesting things around the yard. Plus she's a foody.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

There's still a few branches around that Ben tried to throw over the fence . We'll have to try that. :)

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home