Tuesday, January 24, 2006

That time there was a kidnapper

I think lots of people go through the kidnapper scare when they are kids. Our town's scare happened when I was in forth grade. I'd walk to school daily with Trisha and my little brother Joe.

One day that year, a some kid at Merriman Elementary said that a man in a blue car approached them and tried to lure them in the car. My mom was terrified. She called Trisha's mom and they arranged to walk us to school daily. We were told of what kind of car it was and to keep an eye out.

Trisha and I were on the case. We kept a notebook on us so we could write down the license of any blue car that looked suspicious. We met at her house for our detective club and shared our evidence. We were obsessed with the kidnapper.

I'm pretty sure all kids in our town were obsessed because more and more cases came in of little kids getting lured by the kidnapper. It was always a nondescript blue car. I'm pretty sure that most of the cases were hoaxes because I got the big speech from my mom that we should never lie to the police like the naughty little boys and girls that were lying about the kidnapper.

After the blue car kidnapper scare, our detective club moved onto other targets like following the town Jesus, and spying on anyone new that moved in the neighborhood. A few years later, the detective club turned into just watching MTV and talking about Teen Bop at Trisha's house. Trisha was the coolest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home