Thursday, March 24, 2005

Surly Little Bunny

Despite worrying about having guests coming tomorrow, today was great. Normally, when I have guests coming, I go nuts with making sure everything is spic and span. I really didn't have much time today which was stressing me out a bit. Tristan was not feeling himself this morning, so I did a lot of cuddling. I gave Tristan a bath and he wasn't too happy with that, so we had to do some more cuddling. Finally, it was nap time, so I went to get some dishes, and cleaning done. I really wanted to wash the floors, but Jack showed up.

Jack is the adorable, six year-old that lives next door. He wants to be a fix-it man when he grows up because of all the work his parents did on their house, his grandmas house, and now he has a 'job' as a foreman for my neighbor Barbara who is building her dream house two lots down. He came over with his tool belt on and offered to fix our rotten stairs. It couldn't hold my fat preggers self, and I busted through it the other day. He had his tool box with a hammer and nails, and his little saw. It was pretty cute. I told him that we didn't have the lumber and he'd have to come back to help Ben later. He looked sad, so I told him that he could help put the rock garden back togethe, since Tristan took it apart yesterday hunting for worms and bugs.

Jack's mom Suzanne stopped by and told me about a Easter Egg Hunt at Light House Park. I really wanted to go, but I had a lot of housework to do, and Tristan was still sleeping. Then I had the idea to have Jack vacuum while I got some of my other chores done. I gave him a couple of toonies since he also helped a lot with the trees. We got everything done, and Jack's dad came to pick up Jack to head out to the Easter Egg Hunt. I decided that I'd go since it would be nice for Tristan.

I had to quick get out of my nasty housecleaning clothes and dress like a normal person, then got Tristan out of bed to head and changed to head to Light House Park. Tristan didn't want to go, and was crying because he wanted to hunt for worms instead. I had to force him in the car. I told him that it would be fun and that we'd see kids, and he just yelled "NO KIDS!" He's definitely going through a "no' phase.

Anyway, I rushed so fast that I forgot his Easter basket, and he was the only kid with a shopping bag to find eggs. Poor ghetto kid. ;) He was still surly when we got to the park and only wanted to play with the big kids. He wanted to climb up the ladder to go on the slide, but it was full of older kids who were rough housing like older kids do. I didn't want him to get hurt, so I made him come down and play with the toddlers. He got upset and had the biggest pout on his face. Don was trying to take pictures for the newspaper, and tried to get a shot of Tristan, but he just sat there like a bump on the log pouting, because his mom is a mean old nazi who won't let him hang with the big kids.

Then, Tristan decided he was too good for the little kids and wanted to go to the beach instead. I told him that we couldn't go to the beach and that we had to find eggs. He yelled, "NO EGGS! GO TO BEASCH! (beach)" I made him stay again by holding him until the egg hunt started. Suzanne yelled, "Go!" and all the kids ran for the eggs, and I dragged Tristan in there. He started poking around and picked up a few rocks. Then he got excited because he found a pine cone. I kept asking him if he wanted any eggs and he kept saying, NO EGGS! Then, he saw how excited all the other kids were to get eggs and he reluctantly picked up a few. Finally, he got a bit excited about the eggs, but by the time he got into it, most of the eggs were gone. He was really excited when he found out that there was candy inside.

We went back to the park and he ran around with the kids a bit. He climbed the slide which was kind of high, so I was a bit nervous. There were other little kids on the slide so I let him, and guarded the areas where he might fall. He had a blast once he finally got to go way up high like a big boy. He was squealing and peaking over the railing at the other kids below him like an alpha male baby. He went down the slide a few times while the nice guy who owns the dump read off the names of who won the contest.
Lots of names were called: Georgia, Eli, MyKala, ect. Most kids got a prize. Finally, they yelled out Tristan's name. Tristan was way up on the slide and I called up to him that he had to come down because he won a prize. He didn't want to come down, so he yelled, "NO PRIZE!!!" They called his name again wondering if he was still there. Finally, I gave up and yelled, "HE'S HERE, BUT HE WON'T COME DOWN FROM THE SLIDE!" Jack went up to retrieve the prize for Tristan. Turns out that the prize was the grand prize and I think it was a little anti-climatic for them to not have the actual child go down and get the grand prize. Tristan spoiled another photo-op. heh.

That's a stubborn two-year old for you. He's usually not this bad, but as I said earlier, he wasn't himself all day. He's been having stomach issues, and nose issues. The day ended with him handing me something. "Here bum," he said. I opened my hand and he drops something in it. I ask what it is and he got all excited and told me that it was a booger, and then tried to get another one. Yuck. Two-year olds are gross.

1 Comments:

Blogger hadjare said...

you have SUCH a classic boy. It's so funny.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home