Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Oh, I'm so tired. I will not go to sleep though. The evening news just came on and I will not be like my parents and fall asleep before it is over. The evening news is useless. I don't know why I even bother to watch since we are in limbo between Canada and Washington State. The news we get is American. It's of the Seattle area. I suppose I should be really concerned about this string of robberies, or that accident blocking traffic on I-5 in Seattle. It's only 2 1/2 hours and two international borders away.

Yesterday, a grey baby whale beached itself on Maple Beach between Point Roberts and Tsawassen. I found out about it from our vet today. Thankfully, it was okay, but they are worried that it might beach again. I'm kind of glad that I didn't know about it though. I still haven't seen a whale after a year of living here and I would hate to see my first whale beached. Poor little guy. Anyway, it would be more useful to get local news from Vancouver than Seattle. Apparently, that story made the Vancouver news. I swear half the time they don't even have the point on the map when showing the weather coming our way.

So, today was busy. I took Bob to the vet for his yearly check-up, heartworm test, and boosters. He got his poop shoot shaved. The vet actually called it that which made me chuckle because that's something my mom always called my dogs Molly's butt. Yeah, I must be tired if I'm writing about dog butts in my journal. After the vet, I got Bob a hamburger at McDonald's, and then dropped him off at home. I had to go right away to meet Ben for lunch at Science World again.

The ride to Science World went smoother this time. No bullet holes, no gas station searches. We ate at Triple O's again, and I got the sandwich/donut combo. haha. I didn't get a burger though. Just a turkey on wheat sandwich and a yummy apple fritter. Mmmm. Apple fritters. Tristan took off to find kids right away and I let Ben chase him because I couldn't waddle fast enough. He finally calmed down and we spent 3 hours just hanging out at Science World. Ben had to go back to work of course, but I stuck it out. Tristan got to touch a gecko and a corn snake. We put together a human being like a puzzle, took pictures of our shadows, toured Lego World where they had lego movies of Monty Python and the Holy Grail and Star Wars, and played a lot in the toddler area. Tristan loved playing with this beach ball that was suspended by air, and the ball mazes.

After getting him out of Science World, and back home, I attempted to clean the house, but Tristan wasn't having that. He wanted to look for more worms. He asked so sweetly that I couldn't resist. He even said please, so we went to the side garden with the irises and I weeded away giving him any worm or snail that I found. We found two snails, and a crapload of worms. I also found 5 slugs that I flung over the fence onto the neighbors shed. I'm a terrible neighbor, but hey they are only here on the weekend. I have to do something about those slugs. I hear beer works, but Ben is a beer snob and only buys fancy schmancy beer. I don't want to use good beer to lure slugs to their death. I'm not sure I want to take part in slugicide either, although drowning in a vat of beer must be a great way to go. Nah, Maybe I'll just keep flinging them into my neighbors yard. I don't know. They are eating the hell out of my irises though. What do I care anyway if they eat the irises. They are yellow irises. I wish they were purple. Irises are one of my favorite flowers, but not the yellow ones.

Okay, I'm rambling now. I will spare my journal of the memory jog of all the damn chores I did today, and how the house still looks like a mess, and how Ben's still working a 7 month crunch and how sucky being a game programmer's wife can be. Momma don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys game programmers. grr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home