Thursday, May 05, 2005

Max Fisher

I put up a sign at the market a couple of weeks ago to try to start a playgroup. It was incredibly bold of me and out of character. I'm not one to start clubs and stuff. I'm no Max Fischer (kid from Rushmore). I was very nervous putting it up, and even more nervous when two moms called. It was the best thing I could have done though.

We met today at one of the lady's house. She has an uber genius kid named Tygren who says things like "We have company." She used to run a day care so she had tons of toys and a nice play area for the kids. Tristan got along with both Tygren and Cara (cutie). Cara and Tristan had a bit of a standing squirmish over a riding toy. They kept yelling at each other. Tristan called her a bad guy and Cara yelled at him to be nice. It was pretty humorous. I was told by manuals to let them duke it out as long as they weren't hurting themselves, but that still is tough. You don't want to look like the asshole who lets their kid get away with murder. At one point Cara was yelling NEMO!! and Tristan would yell back ROBOT!!! I don't know what that was about. By the end of the day Cara and Tristan didn't want to stop playing together so it was a success.

Both women have husbands who are or were software developers, so we clicked pretty well. We could talk about things other than kids, and it was like we were friends for awhile. These moms are so much better than the moms in my other play group. Those moms are a bunch of pod people, and I'm not looking forward to spending time with them tomorrow. :( I'll do it for Tristan though.

I took a nice long nap with Tristan this afternoon since I did so much this morning. I cleaned like mad, grocery shopped, and hauled in tons of groceries, did playgroup, hunted for worms, and cooked a healthy lunch. My belly and back were sore, so I knew I needed a rest. It was pretty nice. Tristan and I watched a spider eat a bug outside the window before we fell asleep. My explanation was weak - "Spiders eat bugs like we eat sandwiches."

In other news, I tried to buy healthier groceries today like nuts, dates, dried fruit, fresh veggies, Kashi, ect. Buying healthy groceries on the Point costs about 30 bucks more than usual. Kashi will put me in the poor house. Next time, I'll go to Canada. Their stuff is healthier in general. I couldn't even find whole grain bread at the market. There was whole wheat, and multi-grain so I just got the multi-grain. In general, we eat okay. I buy healthier snacks. We eat whole grain oat meal, the healthier bread, and always have a crapload of fresh fruit in the house. I shouldn't be so hard on myself if we eat crappy cereal sometimes, and if frozen pizza, canned veggies, and macaroni are a weekly occurance. Tristan won't eat veggies that aren't from a can. I'll keep trying though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home