Monday, May 16, 2005

I'm sitting here waiting for the money man. No. I'm serious. We have a guy that comes to our house and exchanges our Canadian money for American. Sometimes Ben meets him in the grocery store parking lot early in the morning. Our neighbor leaves him a Canadian check in her mailbox, which he takes from the side of the road and replaces with an American check. Sounds shady right? hah. It's totally legit. He's a commodities trader on the move. That's the point for you.

Anyway, I hope he comes soon because I need to go to Home Depot to get some paint before Tristan's nap. I want to finish the bathroom. It was a pretty olive green, but it was looking kind of dingy and dark in there. I painted it a lighter green which strangely enough is the exact color of my grandma's house. Maybe I'm missing her. It's kind of weird. I always liked dark colors. We painted our D&D/game/guest room dark red and part of our living room walls dark green in the old house. This house doesn't have the vaulted ceilings and if I didn't paint, you pretty much need the light on during the day. The kitchen is so much brighter now that we painted the cupboards, that I never put the light on during the day anymore. The bathroom is already looking like it will have the same effect. Yeah, lower electrical bills.
Next is Tristan's room which will go from dark navy blue to a creamy light yellow for the IKEA bug theme.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

weird. what would happen if you left him a can of spam - would he trade you for somethign else?

8:43 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

maybe he'd give us 'jambon'.

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home