Tuesday, May 17, 2005

This is day one of Ben's trip to LA for E3. It was okay, I guess. Tomorrow will be harder, since today just feels like he's pulling another late night. I think that helped with Tristan too. I wonder what he will think when he doesn't see his dad in the morning. Hmmm. Maybe I'll just keep saying that daddy is at work. E3 is kind of work right? Bah, video game conferences can't be all work and no play. hehe. I wonder if LA is as much of a hole as I think it is. I'm a bit Caliphobic.

Tristan and I dropped Ben off at 8 today and drove back through insane Vancouver traffic. Man, those people need help with their highway system. A highway does not have bus stops on it. You don't converge 6 lanes into 2 drastically and expect the traffic not to bottleneck. Run the highway around the damn city. A highway shouldn't have a stop light every other corner. grr. American highways are so much better. Yay Einsenhower.

We got back at 10 which was just in time for Tristan's play group on the Point. Brenda must have forgot, so it was just me and Alexandra. I got to hold Griffin! He's her 1 month-old. I didn't forget how to hold a baby. I was worried that I'd forget things, but I held him when he was crying and over-tired and he fell asleep in my arms. Tristan was unphased that I was holding a baby which is good too.

I found out that Alexandra and her husband are Packer fans. How weird is that. They aren't even from Wisconsin. Sad that she knew more about the Packers than I did. I don't do football. heh. I thought I had a good excuse for Ben when he was talking to another packer fan and didn't know Favre's number. I told him that if he screws up to say that he hasn't been paying attention to the Packers since he moved to Washington. Now we pay attention to the patriots. Ben laughed at me for thinking that the Washington team was the patriots. I guess that doesn't really make sense. Washington state isn't quite known for colonists, famous American forefathers, and people like Revere, so I don't know where I got that Washington's team was the patriots. duh. I still have no idea which state has the patriots. I guess we are the seahawks or some shit.

Other than that today was kind of boring. I painted the deck some more when Tristan was napping. It will look so nice when it is done. After Tristan's nap, we watered the plants and tackled weeding under some bushes, all the damn yucca, and in a few of the side gardens. Holy crap is my yard full of weeds. I have two Hefty bags full of weeds. I think I'll shove them behind the shed and just let them rot. I dug out a bunch of those nasty lettuce-y looking weeds from my lawn too. Those things have the biggest damn roots.

My pear tree has three wee pears on it. One of them looks like it has a big spot on it so I'll have to look up what to do about that. I also think my apple tree has some sort of parasite too. The leaves are curled and white in parts. Maybe it's just a bug. hmmm. There are a few little apples starting on one of the trees that the arborist trimmed. The other one he did is still dormant. Mine are growing leaves, but I didn't see any signs of apples. I think maybe I did them too late because the back tree flowered a week after I hacked the hell out of the trees in front. Oh well. Next year they should blossom nicely and get some fruit. I wonder why that one apple tree never gets fruit though. Either does one of the pear trees. weird.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my poor little tomato plants have white curled up leaves... i was over-excited and planted them outside too early :( they're slowing freezing! yikes!

you have FRUIT trees! I'm jealous! how exciting!

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home