Monday, June 13, 2005

Ben and I took Tristan to Squamish Saturday for "A Day Out With Thomas." It was at an old train museum park where they had all theses engines, and old trains that you could tour. They had a lifesize Thomas the Tank engine hooked up to a real train and we all got to ride 'Thomas'. Tristan had a blast even though he didn't nap all day and was very tired. The real train ride kind of sucked, but Tristan didn't notice. It only went 2 miles per hour and then stopped, changed tracks and and went forward about 1000 ft before stopping again. Yawn. There were clowns to keep the kids entertained, and Tristan just thought it was cool to be on Thomas. The miniture train was a lot of fun though. It went all over the park and we saw all kinds of old train equipment. I'd love to go on one of those train tours or Canada some day.

I had another Oprah apocolypse dream. I hardly ever watch Oprah. I wonder why she is always in my apocolypse dreams. She must be the anti-christ. heh. Anyway, this one was like Dawn of the Dead. There were these creatures going around eating people and we were hiding out in a grocery store. Oprah's apartment building was one of the places we could go to be safe. I called and tried to get the password, but everyone was being so noisy that I couldn't hear, so I yelled at them to shut up. Everyone got pissed at me for yelling at them, and I didn't get the password right. Ben says that I started talking in my sleep how the password was wrong. We decided to entice Oprah with fresh food from the market like rhubarb and fresh herbs. We figured Oprah didn't have fresh herbs or rhubarb in the middle of Chicago. Oh Oprah.

I also had weird dreams last night about the Falun Gong. There's an exhibit on Granville street where they talk about the human rights abuses and Falun Gong. There's a little hut attached to the signs and someone is usually meditating there in the middle of traffic. Ben and I always wondered what the heck it was about but never looked it up. Anyway, I kept having a dream that I should look it up and then I'd say, "I'll look it up tomorrow." Then irl the baby would kick me in my belly and I'd wake up feeling like I had to throw up because of the reflux. This happened 3 times. One of the times, Tristan came into my room. I almost just got the hell up and looked it up on the internet at 3 in the morning just to get this nonsense to stop, but I did stop having the dream that I had to look up Falun and got back to sleep. Weird. Here's info on Falun Gong if anyone else is curious. Link here

2 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

oh my god. something about oprah being the antichrist totally makes sense...you almost slipped under the radar, oprah! ALMOST!

7:09 AM  
Blogger hadjare said...

I think I have had that very same Ophah dream. Except instead of a password it was a number code that let you into an elevator that took you outside of the present dimension.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home