Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I grocery shopped in Canada today. While shopping I thought to myself, "I like the anonymity of shopping in another country" and then I laughed to myself at how absurd that sounds.

Tristan was being a bit of a stinker in the store. He wasn't being bad like toddlers usually are. He was just pretending to be a bad guy, but I was getting dirty looks. This bad guy stuff is getting kind of annoying. He called some guy in a suit a bad guy in a growly voice, and I got a dirty look. I gave him a couple of warnings and then ended up giving him a time out in the frozen fish aisle. He didn't like that and was pretty good for about 6 aisles until I got to the cookie aisle. He knows that he doesn't get cookies unless he is good. I always save that aisle for last. Well, once we got the cookies he started up with the bad guy stuff again calling a little old lady a bad guy. I warned him, but he kept it up in the checkout, so I headed back to the cookie aisle and put the cookies back. He was mad. It worked though. He's still saying that he didn't get cookies because he was naughty.

I was kind of bad in that I stopped at Starbucks on the way home. I should have just left without any treats at all, but I really wanted whip cream. I got a strawberry and cream drink and got Tristan a children's steamer. He ate the whip cream off his steamer and then stole my drink. I didn't mind, because I didn't really care for the strawberry cream thinger, and the steamer was much more up my alley. mmmm...steamers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home